BECOME A MEMBER
IT'S AS EASY AS 1-2-3
In 2015 we acquired Non-Profit Status for Book Clubs 4 Change.
This means that all DONATIONS are Tax Deductible.
Our non-profit number for your records is 47–4825844.
Your Membership Donation
When you first join BC4C, you should send us a check made out to
Book Clubs 4 Change or use the Paypal "donate" button below.
If you are in a book club, select a Liaison who will collect your individual checks
and mail them in one envelope to our BC4C address.
After that, October is the month when each Member/Donor makes their annual minimum contribution of $25-$49.
You will always receive an email receipt for your donation.
Please note that if your budget allows, we would LOVE to receive
larger donations or opportunities for matching funds from donors or companies.
Membership Donation: $25-$49
Bronze Circle: $50-$249
Silver Circle: $250-$999
Gold Circle: $1,000-$4,999
Platinum Sponsors: $5,000 and above
Beginning in 2019, we will list the names of our donors on this page.
If you would like to remain anonymous, please email us with that request.
What You Receive By Becoming A Member
1. A Charitable Channel: Here is an opportunity to expand the joy you receive from reading books or being in your book club by joining a charitable channelthat helps to empower people in our world, both locally and globally.
2. You Get a Vote: In November, Members will nominate reputable organizations that are doing empowering work in the world around education
and healthcare. Members of BC4C will then receive a ballot in December to vote on at least two organizations, one that is national and one that is international,
that will receive our funds.
3. Receive a Newsletter: You will receive our newsletter letting you know of interesting upcoming events and projects, the selected organizations to receive our funds and recommended books and resources.
4. An Invitation to a Telephone Interview of an Author: Members will be invited to read a pre-selected, inspiring book and hear the author speak about the book by telephone. This is a convenient and exciting way to hear directly from authors from the comfort of your own home.
5. Be Part of Something Larger than Yourself: You may already be donating to worthy organizations, but becoming a member of BC4C means YOU will have a voice in this grass-roots, volunteer organization that is already making a difference. We have received beautiful thank you notes from organizations that tell us our donations have been life-changing for the people they serve. See where we have donated in the past years by clicking on the Projects link above.
Become a Member- It's Simple!
1. Fill out and Submit the Membership form below:
Each book club chooses a Liaison and a name for their book club. The Liaison should fill out the membership form below, including the names and email addresses of all their book club members. Individual Readers, who are not in a book club, should use their own name when filling out the membership form below.
2. Subscribe to our Quarterly Newsletter: Using the link below, the liaison for each book club should sign up for the Newsletter for each of their members. If you are an Individual Reader, just sign up for our Newsletter for yourself.
3. Make Your Annual Tax Deductible Contribution: Once a year, each book club member or each individual reader will write a check for a minimum range of $25-$49 to Book Clubs 4 Change. The Liaison for the book club will collect the checks and mail them in ONE envelope to BC4C. The Individual Reader, not in a book club, will mail their contribution directly to us or use the Paypal Donate button below.
Book Clubs 4 Change
1904 Del Monte CT
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
Book Clubs 4 Change is not affiliated with any religious or political group and is open to ALL!
In order to ensure that you get our Newsletter, put in your Contacts!
MEMBERSHIP FORM BELOW
The Liaison fills out one form for the whole book club.
Use smaller grey scroll bar on right side of form.